Thread: Howmany KG's
View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Thats an extreme. There are cars out there that weigh 2tons + that will out handle,out brake and out drag any caterham or seven replica. Heavy does not mean it cant handle, a heavy old DTM beemer got round brands in 42 seconds ish /R500 55seconds. A caterham superlight got round nurburgring in 7min 55s, a dodge Viper acr got round there in 7m22s and thats enough time to get out of the car and put the kettle on The new corvette has since stuffed the vipers time. As far as tracks go they are not all made up of 2meter long straights with hairpins at each end. The nurburgring is regarded as a true test of any cars performance period. Yes these things we are building have a place in motorsport but dont kid yourself that they are the ultimate in sports cars cos they aint. If you think you can stay with something like a 911 porsche down an autoban best you take a dustpan and brush

Bob
I do agree Rob, but you've got to be carefull comparing race cars to road cars. Massive aero, slicks electronic aids etc.
Rest assured if i had the cash I wouldnt be piddling round with lotus 7 replicas I would be on my way to the nearest Mclaren dealership. I often think though; they would be faster, more grip and quicker lap times BUT would it be any more fun
I road fast bikes for about 10 years and have to confess that doing 170 mph isnt really for me!