Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd September 2009, 06:28 PM

Default Completed cars - the list returns!

Hello All,
For those who remember, before the forum was attacked (and before my rather long holiday), I set up a thread to list and detail the completed Haynes Roadsters. I also purchased numbered plaques and these would be available to all those with a completed car for a very small sum.
Due to the fact that I cleared my PMs before my holiday, I don't have all the information about the list, completed cars and plaques. Therefore, I am going to have to start from scratch and would appreciate it if anyone can remember any details. I recall saying the first 5 plaques would be FOC and the rest about £2 inc P&P. The first 10 plaques are gold coloured and the rest are silver - I will try and post a picture up ASAP.
It was felt that registration date was the best point to record the completion date as SVA/IVA test pass date may not apply to some cars around the world. In the case of a car not being registered for road use, then perhaps some proof of it being used (like Longerr did with the sprint event).
So if you can help then please post the details and I will try and bring things back up to date. A picture of your car along with a brief spec will help with progress of the thread as well.
Here goes......

001-Chris G-The Book Car-????
002-slimtater(macdave69)-Fireblade powered-25/10/07
003-Frankie boy-2.1 Pinto-20/08/08
004-Dogwood-1.8 Pinto-1/2/09
005-Spud69-
006-Longerr-BMW 1.8-1/6/09
007-Neil P-Toyota 4AGE-4/9/09
008-AdrianH-1.8 CVH-26/11/09
009-AshG-TBC
010-Tilly819-Blackbird powered-25/3/10
011-7ishNZ-R1 powered-26/3/10
012-mark-???????-?/5/10
013-drury318-White with Zetec-?/5/10

http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/attac...9&d=1245345102

I think the first five now appear to be undisputed - unless anyone out there knows otherwise?!?
I plan to send these out at the end of 2009 so if you want one, PM me the details and will perhaps use Stoneleigh 2010 as the date to start issuing the next batch.

Last edited by slimtater : 19th May 2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: And another!
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:02 PM

Was it not part of this thread? http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2140&page=3&highlight=completed+c ars

I think I may never get registered, DVLA are really starting to hack me off now, it's been seven weeks since my SVA and still I haven't got it on the road.

Neil
Old 4th September 2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil P View Post
Was it not part of this thread? http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2140&page=3&highlight=completed+c ars

I think I may never get registered, DVLA are really starting to hack me off now, it's been seven weeks since my SVA and still I haven't got it on the road.

Neil
It was started as a result of that thread - that was a poll to establish how many cars were being built or planned. The completed car list was the numerical record of those "finished". It sounds like you could be in the top 10 though - well done.
Old 4th September 2009, 10:42 PM

HI
My car past SVA on 31st July 2008 but took till 20th August 2008 to get my plates.
It has a 2.1 pinto with twin 40 DCOM Weber carbs I cant remember his name but I think there was one car be for me. It didn’t pass first time but had a quick retest.
Old 7th September 2009, 10:35 PM

Hi Guys,
Just to add mine.

1800 Pinto at the moment.
But going to do a major overhaul over the winter.
Probably still be a Pinto though,

David

Last edited by dogwood : 3rd December 2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 7th September 2009, 10:46 PM

Sorry to butt in, but can I ask Frankieboy what colour code your car is?, it looks really well, Thanks, Dennis.
Old 4th October 2009, 09:31 PM

Any more out there? I am sure there are more than 6 finished. I want to make sure nobody misses out!
Old 4th October 2009, 11:05 PM

Mine's on the road!

16V Toyota 4AGE engine on MT75 gearbox. I'm on my second engine already, apparently they rev to 7800 but not to a bit over 8000

Passed SVA on 15th July at 2nd attempt. Got an age related plate, registered and on the road after much to-ing and fro-ing with DVLA on 4th September.

Neil
Old 5th October 2009, 07:38 PM

Hi Neil,

Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread but how did you get an age related plate?! Did you 'fit' the 4age into the donor - presuming you used the Sierra. I'm interested as I also have a 4age + Sierra donor and am keen to go for an age related plate. I'm planing to use a Type 9 box though.

Spalders
Old 6th October 2009, 10:00 PM

There are sufficient points if you show you have used all of the parts other than the engine.

Rear axle (Diff, drive shafts, brakes), gearbox, front hubs etc and Steering column all count. You then get five points for a new chassis.
The DVLA wanted proof they were all from the same source and that the chassis was new.

I took them build photo's of the donor being dismantled, the bits being assembled onto the new chassis, Photo's of the chassis being built and receipts for the steel. They took seven weeks to decide but this was their decision to issue, I told them I wasn't that bothered, really.

Neil