Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th February 2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I would like to see an ally panel set eg seat back, sides tranny tunnel sides, floor and optional back panel. If that could be supplied at a sensible price I reckon lots would be sold as I bet not many people have facilities to handle / cut large sheets.
Just my 2p worth.
Enoch
I have to agree with Enoch, as i'm not looking forward to cutting up sheets of ally
Old 4th February 2010, 07:25 PM

all of the items Enoch has mentioned are "in progress",
we,ll get some photos up on here & the Saturn web site soon.

Again, Saturn is trying to offer parts for the very reason thats been stated, space/equipment to fabricate the odd/awkward panels ,

Whilst there is discussion on what folk would like for their builds that we can supply, we have a few more in the pipeline but what else would you the builders like us to supply?

your suggestions are welcomed.

cheers
andy
Old 4th February 2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidimurray View Post
Hey Guys

Good to hear of a company that actually passes on the savings and puts the customer first. I've been involved with model engineering for years and it's amazing how many companies don't care about the customer. I now tend to use a few suppliers who despite not being the cheapest always guarantee me good reliable service.

Out of interest a few thoughts for the staurn guys -
Are you planning to sell the bits from the bunldes seperately - e.g. brake hose, pressure switch etc?
Have you thought about adding a 7 piece package to the bodywork kits i.e. the 6 piece including the bonnet?
As the suggestion has been made regarding wishbone jigs - how about making a set that are rented out on a refundable deposit basis with a small rental charge?
Have you thought about adding some of the ancillary bits - e.g. i'm thinking about things like brackets for the polo and clio rads etc.
Finally - something that would be really useful to those of us who plan on getting bodywork but cannot afford it yet would be a drawing showing where the nosecone sits, either end of the bonnet and the scuttle position. Also at this point it would be useful to have the cross-section shapes. The reason I ask is I would like to make cardboard templates to tape to the chassis while I finish the engine bay so I can ensure that everything will fit under the bonnet.

Cheers

Dave
Thanks for your kind words David,

You have some good suggestions there, leave it with us for a day or 2 & we,ll see what can be done on each of them.

Tho , on the idea of "hiring out" the wishbone jigs, this may well cost more than making the jig as our wishbone jigs are made from 5mm plate & so the postage cost would be quite high due to the weight

Not that we,re dismissing the idea, just looking at the cost factor to each person that would want to hire them.

keep the suggestions coming & we,ll do what we can .

cheers
andy
Old 5th February 2010, 10:24 AM

Hello Dave and Others and thanks again for the comments,

All of the suggestions you have made are very positive and are all things we are looking, things take time though to be setup properly. Shipping costs will be prohibitive though with the templates.

With regard to the engine bay template, i have been asked this a few times now giving the measurements below from which a card template can easily be made. There is also a bonnet in progress with a larger and longer scoop for bigger engines, the work on the Single Seater though has delayed this - nearly done though. Measurements:

Front Frame to rear of nose / front of bonnet: 220mm, height: 200mm
Front frame to front of scoop: 380mm, height: 260mm
Front frame to rear of scoop: 710mm, height: 230mm
Front frame to rear of bonnet: 1220mm, height: 260mm

Hope this helps with your build.

regards....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 5th February 2010, 12:24 PM

That's brilliant - thanks for that information - if you don't mind I will make a little sketch and post up for other people on here. Do you happen to have an idea of the approximate radius of the bonnet corners as they sweep down. I'd like to try and see if I can squeeze my intake/airfilter under the bonnet.

Thanks again for that info.

Cheers

Dave
Old 5th February 2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidimurray View Post
That's brilliant - thanks for that information - if you don't mind I will make a little sketch and post up for other people on here. Do you happen to have an idea of the approximate radius of the bonnet corners as they sweep down. I'd like to try and see if I can squeeze my intake/airfilter under the bonnet.

Thanks again for that info.

Cheers

Dave
Have no problem you doing that at all Dave, i would have by now but just don't have time at the moment.

The bonnet radius is, approx, 120mm front and back and the bonnet meets the top rails at about 85deg.

All the Best....AndyH

Regards..........AndyH
Old 5th February 2010, 07:32 PM

OK, here's a side view of the chassis with the bodywork according to these dimensions with a Zetec outline from the MVH data sheet:

DXF: http://fridge.pov.lt/~alga/zetec/chassis.dxf
Old 5th February 2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alga View Post
OK, here's a side view of the chassis with the bodywork according to these dimensions with a Zetec outline from the MVH data sheet:

DXF: http://fridge.pov.lt/~alga/zetec/chassis.dxf
Hi
Engine dose'nt look right to me if you have done it to scale.
Old 5th February 2010, 08:25 PM

Thanks Andy for the dimensions - Hopefully the attached should represent the dimensions you describe. Feel free to use the drawing if it is any use.

Cheers

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: pdf SSC Haynes Roadster Bonnet Profile.PDF (46.1 KB, 581 views)
Old 6th February 2010, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie boy View Post
Hi
Engine dose'nt look right to me if you have done it to scale.
Why? It is to scale. Zetec is 64 cm high with the standard sump according to the drawing on the MVH data sheet. The height of chassis + bonnet is around 56 cm at the timing belt cover. The sump is 22 cm high, whereas The Book recommends to cut the sump at around -15 cm waterline.