Haynes Forums  

Go Back   Haynes Forums > Haynes Roadster Forums > Announcements
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th May 2012, 10:16 PM

Unhappy We got f*** by Darren George

Hey guys,
half a year ago a couple of friends and I started building a haynes roadster. We almost finished the tube-chassis and stripped our Ford Sierra 2.0 donor completely. Next step was to built the suspension, which was why we looked for shops that offered the needed springs. Finally we decided to order at GTS Tuning (we couldn't find any shops in germany). Darren George, who ownes that shop seemed to be a nice guy and promised us to make a quick delivery - this was half a year ago...
We've lost more than a 1000 pounds - and yes... it was stupid to just trust someone we don't know at all. It's just that none of us has had a bad experience buying stuff over the internet before.

From that time on spirit went down. I am not sure whether we can still pull this off but I just don't wanna give up!!!

But this is not the point I am trying to make. I've attached a list of all the things we wanted to order from Darren - so if there is anyone who can help us getting some of those parts we would greately appreciate that

I write this thread to warn everyone: Don't you ever think about buying stuff from Darren.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Einkaufswagen1.JPG (86.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg Einkaufswagen 2.JPG (32.3 KB, 74 views)
Old 30th May 2012, 10:50 PM

Hi

In the two years i have been involved with the scene and the 6 months iv been commercially involved ive seen this happen a lot with customers of Darren Georges, especially international customers. I can understand it taking a while to get fabricated parts, or when stock parts take a while due to the numbers they have to be ordered in, but six months is taking the piss. I have dealt with countless people this has happened to. I really dont think he is a bad person, but he makes promises that he cant deliver on, i guess thats what happens when someone tries to get their business to run before they can walk.

I have some rack clamps and things like ball joints instock, i have to order them in pretty large quantities so if you email me your address il see what i have and send some accross to you, in good spirit, at least that will restore some of your faith in the self build thingy.
Old 30th May 2012, 11:08 PM

Try posting on locostbuilders some people on there know him and they may chase the parts for you, I think one of them is eddie99.

Hope this helps, the guy should be shut down, I have heard this story many times

Atb Dan
Old 31st May 2012, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

im sorry but i have to disagree about the bad person comment.

anyone that can take £1000 from another then ignore them and not send out goods as promised is a BAD PERSON!

My Pictures
http://s707.photobucket.com/user/ashgardiner/profile/
Old 31st May 2012, 10:38 AM

He will do it to someone one day and they wont take it on the chin, they will take out on his.

Bob

The cave http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/my...deshow/mancave

The build http://www.haynes.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12669
Old 31st May 2012, 11:30 AM

iv never met the bloke, just what ive heard about him, makes promises he cant keep, in the world of business its easy to fall into that situation, especially nowadays. The sensible thing to do would be to shut down but from what ive heard hes dug a hole he cant get out of. Not defending the bloke one bit, but sometimes youve got to look at the bigger picture
Old 31st May 2012, 11:48 AM

Chresten8 - we have a very effective way of getting money back from people like this - see www.moneyclaim.gov.uk . You have to pay a small amount of money up front to file the court papers but you can add that on to what he owes you. You have to be able to prove that you have tried to recover your money before going to court - it helps massively in making sure the court are sympathetic towards you. When you get the papers you have to specify which court you want the case to be heard at - select the one nearest his premises but be sure that you also claim ALL of your travelling expenses. Most people will pay up when they receive the papers from the court but if he is really stupid he may try to fight it.
Don't just let it go, he has stolen your money, you have every right to get it back.
All the info you need is on that website, we have succesfully recovered money twice now via this route.
Best of luck,
Dave.
Old 31st May 2012, 08:41 PM

Dieses Verhalten ist nicht akzeptabel!!! :O Ich hoffe, Sie bekommen Ihr Geld zurück! er ist ein Scheiß-Kopf

Michael

Last edited by michael92 : 31st May 2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 31st May 2012, 08:50 PM

all i hear is endless storys of paying for goods then getting nothing in return with gts
Old 31st May 2012, 09:00 PM

Having been around the scene for many many years now, both myself and Fabby could tell you a thing or two Some things would make you laugh others would make you cry. However that's one for an evening in the beer tent

TK