SS GREAT BRITAIN by Brian Lavery
An involving insight into Isambard Kingdom Brunel's uniquely successful passenger ship.
- Published in association with the SS Great Britain Trust.
- Details of the operation and maintenance of this icon from the Vistorian age.
- The incredible story of her salvage, restoration and conservation.
- Archive illustrations from the SS Great Britain Trust.
- Specially commissioned photographs of the ship’s anatomy.
- Internationally acclaimed author.
In the Haynes SS Great Britain Manual, internationally acclaimed maritime author Brian Lavery gives a fascinating insider view of how Brunel’s magnificent iron-hulled passenger ship was built and operated. Read more...